10 May 2011

Make do and mend: bubble cake toppers.

Yesterday I spent a little bit of time making some simple cake toppers for the fairy cakes my mum's making for Torin's birthday party. I'm not sure how many cakes she's planning on making, so I made about 30 cake toppers, all in the shape of bubbles to go along with the bubble theme we're having at the party.

These are the finished ones:


They were so simple to make - I found some plain circular labels, drew around the circumferences with a blue felt-tipped pen and then drew a little shape to make it look like a bubble.


I then stuck a sticker either side of a cocktail stick and voilĂ  - 30 bubble cake toppers! I think they'll look great on the fairy cakes as mum's going to ice them in white and blues.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...