9 May 2011

It's coming along . . .

Hope you all had a good weekend! David took Torin out for the afternoon on Saturday so I could get on with painting the dining room - I wanted to do some more before Torin's birthday party this weekend and I managed to paint two walls. I doubt I'll finish the room by Saturday, but at least I've covered up some of the areas where I used tester pots on the walls!

Here are some before and after shots to show you what I got up to:

Before

This is the top part of the wall that is on the right as you enter our dining room - you can just see the entrance into the living room in the bottom left corner. You can see where David painted down onto the wall while he was painting the ceiling white - I like to do this as it creates a neater finish when painting the walls - it ensures there are no gaps, and it's fine to do if you are going to paint over it with a darker colour.

Can you see that the ceiling in here is wallpapered? The ceilings were already like it when we moved in, and as our walls are plain, I don't mind it too much. It's one of those things that we would ideally change, but in the meantime, at least it's nicer than artex!


After

Here's the same bit of wall - much better don't you agree? The wall is painted in Dulux's Gooseberry Fool 5.


Before

Here's a shot of the walls around the dining room door (you can see where I took the previous picture in the top left corner). We recently replaced the door as the existing one contained dangerous glass panels, which we felt was too much of a hazard with Torin around. As you can see, we've primed but haven't yet painted the door, or the surround - I like to do all the gloss work when I've finished with the emulsion.


After

And the same area looking much much neater after I'd given it 2 coats of emulsion. You can see I've painted onto the door surround a little, but I'm not worried about that as it'll be covered over with gloss soon.


Hopefully I'll be able to get this finished soon, and then I'll show you pictures of the completed living room and dining room.

2 comments:

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

can't wait to see completed room...it looks amazing already!
Thanks for stopping by me and yes, subscriptions make perfect bday presents...my Red subscription is from a birthday about 5 years ago...I've never bothered to cancel it ;-)

beautiful square feet said...

Thanks Karen! Hopefully it'll all be done before too long - I'm trying to do most of it while Torin has his afternoon naps and on free weekends, so it feels like I've been doing it for ages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...