25 May 2011

A fruitless hunt for antiques.

Yesterday, my plan was to go to Jacobs Antiques Centre in Cardiff. So, I trundled there with David and Torin after Torin and I had met with one of my heavily pregnant (less than 2 weeks to go!) friends for a lovely cream tea, only to find that it only opens Thursday to Saturday!

Image from here.

It's somewhere I've been meaning go to for a while but haven't really found the right time (plus, I've never really known where the entrance was). Oh well, I guess yesterday wasn't the right time either!

The place is apparently 3 floors crammed full of antique and vintage finds, and is described by one customer as, "a Narnia made for the bargain hunters among us" - sounds great! There's meant to be a real mix of stuff there, including furniture - so I may even find my cupboard for the bathroom! Hopefully with over 50 stalls to browse through, I'll be able to come away with something interesting - will let you know how I get on, once I finally get there!

4 comments:

David said...

My fault - I should have remembered the opening times x

Jadyn said...

That looks like a great place - tea and old furniture sounds perfect!

Suzanne said...

I love a good bargain! Can't wait to hear what you found! :)

beautiful square feet said...

Don't think I'll get there this week, but will def keep you all posted with what it was like when I do manage to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...