6 February 2011

Can't stop looking at . . .

Each week, I'll be sharing with you something that has caught my eye. It may be a picture, blog, product or website.

In recent years, my style has changed. A lot. I used to veer on the side of the traditional - at one point I could have ordered the Laura Ashley catalogue in its entirety. David was a fan of IKEA's Stockholm range when it first came out - I used to say, "Eugh! Too masculine!" Not anymore. Blogs like Making it Lovely and Door Sixteen, where Nicole and Anna are big fans of mid-century modern, have influenced my tastes by introducing me to their unfussy and streamlined, yet beautiful homes. A few years ago the name Ercol would have made me frown and shudder. Now, I find myself being drawn to anything that has tapered legs and comes in teak.

This week, I've been particularly impressed by the Colinton chair from Laura Ashley (I know, Laura Ashley - maybe they are changing too!).

I'd like this:

Image from here.

In this fabric please:

Ruben in cranberry from Laura Ashley.

If I was lucky enough to have this lovely chair in my house, it would probably replace our IKEA POANG chair, currently sitting here in our living room (sorry for the poor photo - it's late here, so I cropped an existing one):


Although I do like the POANG, and I think we chose a good colour and fabric combination, in an ideal world, I would like something a little less obviously IKEA.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...